Thursday, September 22, 2011

Promises

I broke them, you said.
I made them all lies, you said.
I am a big cheater and a liar, you said.

Ever wonder now, why I suffered for so long?
Ever wonder now, why I made them in the first place?
Ever wonder now, why I would stay devoted to you despite my frustrations?

Because I dedicated myself to you, which you dismissed and ignored.
Because I decided that you would be the one I would give myself to.
Because I believed that you.. would love me.

In the end, after years of suffering, didn't you break several promises to me too?
In the end, after all that I've done for you, haven't you thought of returning them?
In the end, after the ultimate step I have taken for you, did you keep them?

No.
No.
No.

I'm a wreck now. Angry and upset, happy and relieved, depraved and noble. All these and more, swirling around in my head, my heart, my soul.

All because of you.

No comments: