Tuesday, November 22, 2011

In the End

Once I thought I was happy.
But deep in my heart I knew the truth.
I tried to fix things.
I tried to make it true.
I tried to ignore the pain.
In the end I failed.

Unexpectedly, when I thought it would never be,
I saw yet again, a chance for me to be happy.
For awhile, I was.
For awhile, I believed.
For awhile, I dreamed.
In the end I woke.

The pain remained, the hurt came to stay,
And for awhile I gave up.
It was so pointless.
It was so disappointing.
It was so disheartening.
In the end I cried.

Thinking back the days long gone,
I wish people would be true.
Why wait until things fell apart?
Why wait until things turned ugly
Why wait until everything was lost?
In the end I snapped.

Looking back I realized,
That everything was for naught.
Everything was lost.
Nothing but bitterness remained.
No one was happy, no one was glad.
In the end, The End.

No comments: