Sunday, January 16, 2005

Night person, I am.

... It's 4:30 am. In the morning. The sun rises in a couple of hours. I'm supposed to be in bed 2-3 hours ago.

What am I doing?!

Thankfully.. It's a Saturday (Or should i say, Sunday morning). Good morning world!! *Yawnz* Although I'll be hitting the sack while the rest of the world gets up... It's been a really eventful past few days... I didn't realise that so many things in the world, however simple they may be, has such a great impact on a person (or at the very least, me). Do you believe in the power of tarot cards? I personally have my own doubts.. but after doing a reading for myself.. It's uncanny how accurate it turns out to be.. And it got me thinking about the way I've being living life.. Turning away from society.. becoming a really quiet and withdrawn person.. Damn. Sometimes I don't even recognise myself anymore. Just yesterday I had a heart-to-heart talk with my friend, who's completely my opposite (for he doesn't like to ponder over the questions of the world, and just wishes to live life as it is, or as simply as he can. Typical extrovert. ; ) ). We talked about our past.. and at a point a question hit me really hard: Why am I being who I am now? What caused me to change from that optimistic, cheerful and friendly kid into a pessimistic, dull and withdrawn teen? Teenage pheromones? I doubt that.

Yes, I admit that being a teenager I became rebellious and "crazy", but I would like to say that I've matured.. No longer being that hot-headed idiot who'd argue with his dad over the slightest things on a Sunday morning (Yeah, back a couple of years that was what I'd do. On the only day of the week when my dad gets his rest. I should be struck down with lightning. >.<). And yet.. the things we witness on TV, be it drama or news.. is happening right here in my home..

Ever hear of your family member getting into a car accident, and instead of solving it quickly and simply between drivers, it escalates into a court trial that causes a brother to go bankrupt and a dad to nearly go to jail? Or how about a married couple getting divorced despite having a new-born child? And heck, it gets better: An old couple, having been married for years, are actually having quarrels on a different level and are even threatening divorce? (I mean, an old couple?)

Yeah. That's right. It's all happenin' right here at my house. (Damn. I sound like a damned DJ lolz.)

And once again.. the whiner shows what he's made of.

Enough about that now.. I guess "Adults" will handle their "Adult matters" huh? And what comes outta it? Fallen pride.. shattered happiness.. Is it really worth it? Sacrificing everything else just because you refuse to take a step back? Is taking a step back or apologising really that difficult? Wars are started in the same way isn't it?

"Peace on earth and goodwill to all men". Yeah, right. Maybe in a hundred years.. Unless all of humanity gets a brainwash. Or the day when they are finally able to put away their pride.

Good night.. It's 5 am here already. (Or should i say Good morning? =D) Here's wishing all of you people out there a day of joy and fulfilment. Adios!

No comments: